Lesson 138 Rumors
第138課 傳聞
A:Shall we have lunch together? I've got something to tell you.
A:我們能一起吃午飯嗎?我有一些事要告訴你。
B:I'm on a diet and I only have two apples for lunch. But what's interesting that you have to tell me?
B:我正在節食,每頓午飯我只吃兩個蘋果。但是你有什么有趣的事要告訴我嗎。
A:Did you hear that Miss Wang is going to get married?
A:你聽說王小姐快要結婚了嗎?
B:Really? Who is the lucky groom? Is it Mr. Li? I've seen them together several times.
B:真的嗎?誰是幸運的新郎?是李先生嗎?我已經幾次看見過他們在一起了。
A:No, It's Mr. Yang I think.
A:不,我想新郎是楊先生。
B:How do you know?
B:你怎么知道的?
A:They've kept the matter a secret successfully, but I know nearly everything about it.
A:他們雖然成功地保守了這個秘密,但我幾乎知道這件事的一切。
B:I didn't see anything unusual. How did you find that out?
B:我沒看出什么不正常的。你怎么發現的?
A:Haven't you noticed how Miss Wang talks to and looks at Mr. Yang? The way she clears his ashtray and tidies his desk?
A:難道你沒注意到王女士是怎么同楊先生談話,并用什么樣的眼神看他的嗎?沒注意到她為他倒煙灰缸和整理桌子的方式嗎?
B:Now that you mention it. I guess she does treat him kind of special. But she treats everyone in the same way and that's nothing unusual. It's part of her kind and tender-hearted nature.
B:既然你提到了,我猜想她對待楊先生是有些特殊。但是她對每一個人都一樣,沒有什么異常的。那是她和藹友善天性的一部分。
A:Do you think she's going to be all that kind and tender-hearted after the wedding?
A:你認為婚后她仍舊會那么和藹友善地待人嗎?
B:Why not?
B:為什么不?
A:Living with Mr. Yang is going to be very hard. He's the biggest slob I've ever known.
A:同楊先生生活在一起將非常累。他是我所遇到的人中最懶的一個。
B:The marriage will change him. I think. Every man will if he can marry a girl like Miss Wang.
B:我想婚姻將會改變他。無論哪個男人,如果要到像王小姐這樣的女孩子的話,都會變的。